Searching for the benefits of walking? We will help you out with our article. Almost 70% of Americans prefer to walk in the morning because of its benefits. The benefits of walking include stress relief, recovery heart issues, control diabetes, etc.
Walking is one of the easiest work out which anyone can do. It is free and can be done anywhere. Walking does not require any particular place like a gym. While walking you carry your body weight so it is also called weight-bearing exercise. Walking can be done in both morning and evening but the morning walk is more preferable because the pollution level is very low in the morning as compared to the evening.
If you are a fitness freak you must know that walking has a lot of benefits.
There are several benefits of walking some of them are discussed here:
1. Benefits of walking for the immune system:
A daily walk of 30 minutes boosts your immune system which helps you to fight with infections.
Walking increases the counts of Neutrophils, macrophages, and natural killer blood cells. Natural killer cells prevent our bodies from infections.
2. Benefits of walking for the heart:
- The risk of heart disease and stroke can be reduced by walking regularly.
- Walking 30 minutes daily can improve cardiovascular health. Walking also helps in lowering blood pressure.
- As we all know that cholesterol is not good for our heart, walking helps us to improve the cholesterol level.
3. Walking is beneficial for bones:
Daily walking is very important for bone health. It strengthens muscles as a result of bone become strong. Walking is a cure to a disease named “osteoporosis”.
HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS OF WALKING FOR BONES:
- Bone mass can be maintained by walking.
- Walking is a very helpful remedy for arthritis.
- Walking helps in increasing spinal stability.
- It also reduces low back pain.
4. Benefits of walking for muscles:
If you want to tone your leg and abdominal muscles, you must walk at least 20 minutes daily. Walking reduces muscle aches.
5. Walking improves sleep:
All us know that our entire activities are controlled by our brain. It is mandatory for a healthy brain to sleep of 6-8 hours. If you walk daily you will get rid of problems like insomnia because walking boosts natural sleep hormones called Melatonin.
Walking in the night before going to bed is very beneficial.
SOME ADVANTAGES OF WALKING BEFORE BEDTIME ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- It helps in digesting the dinner before bedtime.
- Dopamine and serotonin hormones are produced by walking which helps in increasing human reasoning.
- The night walk is one of the best ways of losing weight.
6. Benefits of walking for the lungs:
Lugs are one of the most important organs of our body. To keep your lungs healthy you must walk daily. Walking increases the lung capacity and strengthens the lungs.
7. Walking reduces stress:
We are living in an era where most of us have become a victim of stress. The simplest way of controlling stress is by walking.
Walking helps to increase the secretion of serotonin hormone which helps to reduce stress.
WALKING IS A BOON FOR RELEASING STRESS CHEMICAL:
It helps to metabolize stress chemicals and thus it reduces anxiety and stress. Walking helps in the release of a brain chemical named endorphins. Endorphins help the body to be calm. Thus we can say that walking acts as an antidote for depression.
8. Walking reduces the risks of Alzheimer’s:
According to researchers report, walking three-fourth of a mile reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s. You can slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s because walking improves the resistance of the brain to Alzheimer’s.
9. Improves blood circulation:
Walking improves the circulation of blood. A daily walk of 20 or 30 minutes is sufficient for good blood circulation. Walking improves your heart rate.
10. Walking helps in controlling diabetes:
- Doctors recommend walking because it is one of the best physical activities to control diabetes.
- Walking controls blood glucose levels.
- For maintaining blood sugar levels and improving digestion, the post-meal walk is also very useful in
11. Walking can make you live longer:
Walking fast helps you to live longer. 3 to 4 hours of walk in a week is sufficient to improve your physical activities.
12. Walking burns calories:
Walking burns 65 to 100 calories per mile. By walking 30 minutes, you can burn up to 200 calories. If you are planning to lose weight, walking is the best option.
Do you want to measure the number of steps? you can use a device called a pedometer. Wearing a pedometer while walking helps you measure the movement throughout the day.
As discussed above, there are many benefits of walking. We must know how to build walking in our daily routine.
There are some ways which you can opt:
- You should use the stairs instead of the lift.
- Do not use transport if not necessary, it will be better to walk.
- Take your pets to the walk
There are some suggestions which you should follow:
- You should choose a walk which is suitable for your age.
- The Duration of the walk should match your fitness level.
- Drinking plenty of water before and after the walk is good.
- You must keep your head up.
- You should not slouch because slouching is the cause of muscle tension.
- Your shoulders must be down and back.