What are skin tags?
A skin tag is nothing but a normal skin problem which is very common in Americans. Usually, skin tags appear in those places of the body where skin rubs with clothing or other skin. The appearance of skin tags does not depend on gender, it is common in both men and women. Skin tags take place after midlife. The scientific name of the skin tag is “Acrochordon”.
Most Skin tags appear on:
Causes of Skin tags:
1. When the amount of insulin circulating in the blood is more than normal then it can cause skin tag.
2. Skin tags happen during pregnancy because of hormonal changes.
3. People who have diabetes or who are obese can easily be affected by skin tags.
Following are some tactics to get rid of skin tags:
Although skin tags are harmless they can be an annoying skin problem. There are some home remedies to getting rid of skin tags which are as follows:
1. Using skin tag removal cream: People in America prefer to use skin tag removal cream to get rid of skin tags. It works by causing mild sting sensation. By using the cream you can get rid of tags within 1 to 2 weeks.
2. Use of freezing kit: Mostdrugstores and pharmacies in America sell products that contain liquid Nitrogen. Liquid Nitrogen can freeze off the skin tags and thus you can get rid of skin tags.
3. By using Iodine: Liquid iodine can be used to get rid of skin tags. But you should follow some precautions before applying liquid iodine across the skin tag.
These are as follows:
1. First of all, you should apply coconut oil or petroleum jelly so that the surrounding skin can be protected.
2. After applying liquid iodine across the skin tags, you should cover it with a bandage and let it dry.
3. You should do the same twice in a day. You will get rid of the tags.
4. Use of vinegar: You can get rid of skin tags by applying apple cider vinegar across the skin tags.
5. You should be very careful while applying vinegar. If any irritation occurs after applying vinegar, you should not use it.
6. Using Tea tree oil: You can apply tea tree oil three times a day. You just need to soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and put it on the skin tags for 10 minutes. Protect your eyes from tea tree oil and if any irritation occurs you just stop using this.
7. Using liquid vitamin E: Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and it helps in keeping the skin healthy. You can get rid of skin tags by applying liquid vitamin E across skin tags. It can remove skin tags within 3-4 days.
8. Some people also use duct tape to remove skin tags but you must be careful if it irritates you should not use it.
There are other ways to getting rid of skin tags which can be done by any dermatologist or doctor.
These are as follows:
1. Cauterization: It is the process of preventing the growth of skin tags. In this method, heat is used.
2. Snip excision: In this method, doctors inject an anesthetic injection in your body and after that, they remove skin tags from the body.
3. Doctors also use CO2 laser or Q-switched Nd: Yag laser to remove skin tags.
4. If you want to remove your skin tags instantly, you should consult a doctor for the surgery. Doctors will perform surgery using a medical apparatus.
There are some tips which can help you to get rid of skin tags:
- You should not eat food which contains high saturated fat and calories.
- Daily exercise of 30 minutes can also help to prevent skin tags.
If you are facing symptoms of skin tags, you can prevent it from growing by following some points:
1. You should not rub your skin.
2. Overweight causes skin tags, you must work on losing weight.
3. If you are a diabetes patient, there are more chances of growing skin tags. You should control diabetes.
Notes: One should never use unapproved products to get rid of skin tags like toothpaste, nail polish, etc.
If you feel that skin tags are growing rapidly, you must contact a doctor or a dermatologist.