Gout is one of the ancient and very common arthritis that causes inflammation, stiffness, and intense pain in joints. Usually, joints like fingers, big toe, elbow, wrists, ankle, and knee get affected with gout most of the time. Before jumping to home remedies for gout, let’s understand the disease first.
Read Also: How to Get Rid of Pimples Naturally
- Sudden pain over joints followed by physical deformity and redness of a joint
- Swelling with warmth near the affected joint
- Mostly painful during the night
- The presence of too much uric acid in the tissue and blood vessels
- Deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint
- Other Causes of gout- are decreased renal clearance, kidney disease, obesity, alcohol, seafood, drinks with high fructose levels, etc.
Types of gout-
1. Acute gout- It occurs when the urine crystals deposit out of a sudden that causing acute inflammation. Cold weather and stress are the main reasons for acute gout.
2. Chronic tophaceous gout- It takes time to progress, nodular masses of uric acid crystals get deposited to different soft tissues of the body. Mostly, the joint areas get affected by bone erosions. Sometimes unexpected areas like ears and spinal cord get affected too.
Home Remedies for Gout-
Mostly, the treatment procedure includes self-care and medication like anti-inflammatories. Natural remedies may help to get rid of gout arthritis.
See Also: How to Get Rid of Double Chin
1. First of all, it is important to lower uric acids in the body. Taking magnesium can help to decrease chronic inflammation, and it is a good source of dietary minerals. This is more helpful to males according to various studies.
Ginger helps to reduce pain related to uric acid. Just drinking boiled ginger water and steeping two teaspoons of ginger root for 10 minutes thrice a day can do wonders.
Turmeric lemon and apple cider vinegar are also one of the best home remedies for gout. Mix the juice of half a lemon with Luke’s warm water, add two teaspoons of turmeric and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and drink it 2 to 3 times a day.
4. Hibiscus is an ancient herbal remedy that is easily available. Hibiscus tea shows a great effect on gout as it has the power of anti-inflammatory and is helpful for uric acid crystals.
Raw cherry juice is very popular and is regarded as a potential home remedy for gout arthritis. Three servings of any kind of cherry over two days are considered an ideal dose by many studies.
Read Also: How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
According to experts, apples are mostly recommended for treating mild gouts. Apple has malic acid, which lowers uric acid in turn. Also, it doesn’t add to the excessive daily sugar level of a person as it contains fructose.
7. Taking bananas is useful for gout as they are potassium-rich and help tissues and organs to function properly.
Other home remedies for gout –
1. Applying an ice pack helps reduce inflammation and offers relaxation to rapid pain. Wrap ice in a towel and gently apply it over the affected joint area several times a day.
2. You can also reset the joint with support like a pillow to ease the pain and inflammation.
3. Drinking plenty of water helps to hydrate your body and cleanse the kidneys to prevent gout.
4. Physical exercise, on the other hand, is very helpful to get rid of gout and promote faster healing.
You can go for a mild stretch of joints to increase the range of motion and inflammation. In this case, isometric exercises help to restore movements too. Experts also advise low-impact cardio and aerobic exercises to boost lung function and increase the body’s ability to use more oxygen for metabolizing uric acid in the body.
In conclusion, home remedies can offer relief and support in managing gout symptoms. Remember that they are not a replacement for treatment even though they can aid in reducing inflammation and relieving pain. Home remedies such as applying ice packs, elevating the affected joint, staying hydrated, and maintaining a healthy diet can complement prescribed medications and lifestyle changes. However, a medical professional’s advice is required for a precise diagnosis and a customized treatment strategy. They can provide appropriate medications, dietary recommendations, and guidance to effectively manage gout. Remember to prioritize self-care, follow medical advice, and seek professional assistance when needed for optimal gout management.